Part time study program 2020
In 2020 the Seminar will offer an inspiring and nourishing part-time program of study, with four options available:
- Understanding Child Development and Rudolf Steiner Education (2 years) at three locations: Warranwood, Castlemaine and Ballarat (beginning Term 3 2019)
- Nourishing Early Childhood (1 year)
- Rudolf Steiner Education in the High School (1 year)
- Anthroposophical Study Group
These are non-accredited Certificate courses.
Term dates for courses at the Seminar Warranwood in 2019 are as follows:
- Term 1: Wednesday 13th February to Wednesday 3rd April 2019
- Term 2: Wednesday 1st May to Wednesday 26th June 2019
- Term 3: Wednesday 24th July to Wednesday 11th September 2019
- Term 4: Wednesday 9th October to Wednesday 20th November 2019
Term dates for courses in 2020 are as follows:
- Term 1: Wednesday 12th February to Wednesday 25th March 2020
- Term 2: Wednesday 22nd April to Wednesday 17th June 2020
- Term 3: Wednesday 15th July to Wednesday 9th September 2020
- Term 4: Wednesday 4th October to Wednesday 18th November 2020
Understanding Rudolf Steiner Education and Child Development.
This course explores topics across the arts, humanities, education and philosophy, all within the picture of the human being given by Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposophy. It offers something for everyone!
Undertaking this course will:
• Deepen your understanding of child development.
• Extend your knowledge of Rudolf Steiner Education.
• Develop your inner life.
• Provide you with an enjoyable artistic and social experience.
This course is offered at three locations: at the Seminar (Warranwood) on a Wednesday evening and at the Castlemaine Steiner School (Thursday evenings) and beginning in Term 3 2019 at Ballarat Steiner School (Tuesday evenings)
A full course description by topic and term is available on the timetable. In summary, the two year program is structured as follows:
Year 1: Child development as the foundation for Education- Steiner Pedagogy; Anthroposophical studies.
Year 2: Curriculum Studies, exploring the Steiner Curriculum and child development from Early Childhood (kindergarten), through Primary Classes 1-6/8.
Nourishing Early Childhood
A one year course for parents, early childhood educators, people working in childcare and anyone wishing to deepen their understanding of the development of the very young child. This course involves lectures and discussions, singing, craft and movement activity.
Certificate in Rudolf Steiner High School Education
A one year part-time course for practicing and prospective teachers interested in furthering their knowledge of Steiner education.
This course is aimed at existing teachers or teachers in training who wish to deepen their understanding of Steiner education in the High School. From the nature of the developing adolescent to the needs of the inner work of the teacher, the course investigates and discusses a variety of aspects pertinent to secondary education.