Some interesting facts about Steiner education! Courses commencing in Feb 2015
Did you know:
- Steiner education is the fastest growing education system worldwide.
- The former Prime Minister of Norway (2000-2001 and 2005-2013) and current Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg is an alumnus of a Steiner School, as are Thomas Südhof (2013 Nobel Prize winner in Physiology or Medicine, and American actors Sandra Bulllock and Jennifer Aniston !
- There are over 40 Steiner Schools in Australia with three new schools established in 2013: Bairnsdale (VIC); Bowral (NSW) and Moreton Bay (QLD). Other initiatives include: the Orchard Waldorf School on the Gold Coast, Sheidow Primary School in Adelaide opening its Steiner stream in 2015 and Castlemaine Steiner School now adding Years 11 and 12 to complete its full Kinder-12 school journey.
- Sophia Mundi Steiner School in Melbourne is an Accredited International Baccalaureate World School, offering the IB Diploma Program in years 11 and 12.
- In 2012 the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) formally recognised the Australian Steiner Curriculum Framework. This is being introduced in Steiner Schools nationwide. Parents who have consciously chosen this education for their children expect teachers to be solidly grounded with specialised training in this educational philosophy and methodology.
- The Melbourne Rudolf Steiner Seminar is one of the few places worldwide to offer a full time course in Rudolf Steiner Education for adults.
- VET Fee Help and AUSTUDY are available for the Advanced Diploma of Rudolf Steiner Education course for eligible students. VET Fee Help enables students to defer payment of the course fees until they have reached a salary threshold.
- If you are seeking inspiration, an accredited qualification and a new direction in life, have a look at our website for information on the Advanced Diploma of Rudolf Steiner Education (Monday-Thursday) or join us for our part-time (non-accredited) short courses on a Wednesday evening. Courses commence in February 2015. Information: www.steinerseminar.com or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (03) 8796 5199. International and interstate enquiries warmly welcome.